Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm Not a Blogger...

I've been going back and forth about starting a blog for awhile now. I've had this page up for ages, but never wrote anything on it, or took the time to customize it because I'm not even sure I'll ever write on it. A lot of my friends (especially those with small children) have blogs, and yes they are fun to look at but I always thought it was just something everyone does.. so of course.. I wouldn't do it. Yesterday I was looking at my friend Vanessa's blog. It isn't anything out of the ordinary, but there was something about it I really liked. Maybe it's because I was able to follow her pregnancy and, being pregnant myself, felt a connection to her and her words. Who knows.. we'll see.

For anyone reading this who doesn't know me very well, or at all. I'm Courtney. Coco to some, and Coke to my husband. Jordan, is my loving and very crazy husband, but some people call him Butter. He's notorious for always saying "I love butter", which is funny because he'll only buy margarine. Everyone else around here calls him "J", but his mother hates it, so he is a man of many names. Call him what you will. To me, he's usually "honey". When he's in trouble though.. he's always "Jordan!".

We've been married for about 7 months now. Sometimes it seems like we've been married forever (in a good way), and I am so excited to be with him for eternity. We were sealed in the Nauvoo Illinois LDS Temple in August of 2009. It was such a perfect day!



Fast foward a little, and we are a happy little family of two (almost three!), living in Rexburg Idaho where Jordan is working on his Bachelors Degree in Pre-Vet Studies. He has about two more years left here and we're hoping to move back to Madison Wisconsin (where we're both from) for Vet School when he is finished here. With us though, it will be hard to say where we'll end up. We both change our minds often and we both have big dreams. Living in Madison would be great though.

I mentioned we are two, almost three.. We are expecting a baby in September! Right now I am about 14 weeks along (I'll be officially 14 weeks on Tuesday), and just starting to pop out a little. When I'm dressed however, I just look fat. We're not sure what we're having yet and I am so anxious to find out! There are so many great sales going on right now and I want to start shopping! I guess the mystery is a good thing for our budget right now. We should find out the sex around April 20th. I think it's a girl, Jordan wants a girl, and everyone else thinks it's a boy. Even all the little gender prediction tests out there say it's a boy. I can't wait to find out.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! I'm so excited to stalk, I mean follow, your newlywed life and your pregnancy. :) How exciting! It's all worth documenting and fun to read. And oh my gosh, how cute is your little belly?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your showing :) Cause there's no fat on your stomach! You wont regret having a blog. I love looking back at my posts - especially since there is a lot I've forgotten. Document every little thing you want, b/c chances are you might forget. I'm excited to read along

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable! I love your bump and hello you are so freaking skinny still!!! I couldn't be happier for you. Being a mommy is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced:)

    ReplyDelete