Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fallin' for Fall

We've all been little busy bodies lately as school is now in full swing. Jordan keeps busy at work and Axel definitely keeps me on my toes. We have been enjoying some beautiful fall weather over the past two months or so and I wish this season would last year round! Fall is truly, my favorite season.

So here's what we've been up to...

A few weeks ago we went to the World Dairy Expo in Madison. I was excited to go as I remember going in elementary school and getting a lot of delicious samples and cow pencils. This time wasn't as... much of a smorgasbord of goodies and dairy delectables but somewhat entertaining nonetheless and fun to see the absurd gleam in Jordan's eye as he went from booth to booth, explaining sciences and products to me that I had no idea existed, and still don't really know (or care..) what he was talking about.

After looking at the cows, I decided a cheeseburger was in order..


Axel has been showing everyone who's boss (as he always has) and now that he can walk as fast as he was crawling he's quite the big man! It is so cute to see him bobbing around the house with his little baby swagger. I need to get a video of him soon. It's too cute! Things haven't been completely rosey with my little munchkin.. he's going through something I'm not quite sure how to deal with. He's recently gone from 2 naps a day to 1 nap and now we're in a big struggle trying to figure out what TIME to put him down. He's not tired enough to sleep at his normal am nap time, and if I put him down too late (when he actually appears to be sleepy) he doesn't go to sleep at all. That's not the end of it... at night he has started waking up crying and does not want to be put back to bed. It breaks my heart not knowing what the problem is. Is he afraid of something? Is he having bad dreams? Poor little guy. I just had his ears and overall health checked and he is fine. He goes to bed with a fully tummy, clean body, and fresh diaper. The culprit may be teething, but I'm not sure. Whatever it is, it's not fun!

We've been trying to find time to head off to a pumpkin patch but so far time hasn't allowed. We're hoping to go next Thursday... or maybe it's this Thursday? I can't remember, but soon! And I will take a lot of pictures!

Little baby is growing rapidly inside me and I am finally getting to the point of looking pregnant, not questionably fat. Here are some recent belly shots.. We find out the gender ONE WEEK from today! I cannot wait! My "mother's intuition" says girl, but everyone else swears it has to be a boy. We would love to have a girl around (I'm getting out numbered by testosterone here!), but a boy so close in age to Axel would be a blast and we'd be set on clothing, so we'll be excited either way!


My most recent little activity was last night's enrichment night at church. We made adorable fall throw pillows out of placemats! It was extremely easy and great to get out of the house and spend some time with other moms who were also escaping the home for a few hours. Axel loves the pillows too...

1 comment: